Develop the necessary tools to execute the Implementation of Countervailing Protections and introduction of changes in industrial systems, complying with all the requirements of the ISA/IEC-62443 series of standards in a manner consistent with the other industrial risk disciplines. The proper implementation of protections for Industrial Cybersecurity with minimal interference in the activities of the plant is essential for those systems that are in operation with the main objective of creating industrial infrastructures resilient to all types of threats, including the most persistent. Incorporate the results of the risk assessment into new systems through the development of industrial cybersecurity specifications (CSRS) and influence the design of industrial and plant systems to ensure that new systems meet requirements and that industrial plants will be operated with all cyber risks mitigated from the start-up of the new system. The course is developed entirely with the Zones & Conduits Manager system and mainly with the IMPLEMENT Software module, covering 100% the needs of the Implementation Phase of existing Industrial Cyber Protections, and the generation of industrial cybersecurity specifications for new systems (CSRS).
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the resulting recommendations during the Cyber Risk Assessment (ASSESSMENT) phase.
- In existing systems, incorporate by design the recommendations obtained in the previous stage (ASSESSMENT) within the current Zones and Conduits.
- Define the optimal architecture of the Zones & Conduits Manager system, justify the incorporation of Zones & Conduits Analyzers by the result of the detailed risk analysis.
- Visualize, monitor and manage the progress of cybersecurity for each Zone and Conduit as recommendations are incorporated. Visualize how the Security Level Current is going to approach the Security Level Target.
- In future (new) systems, elaboration of the Industrial Cybersecurity Specifications (CSRS) for Zones and Ducts.
- Prioritize the implementation of security recommendations based on the greatest contribution to the reduction of risks, cost, effort, Security Level Capability, etc.
- Know the remaining vulnerabilities. Even if you operate the system below risk tolerance, you will be able to create policies to monitor and supervise incidents of the remaining risks.
- Define and Configure the Cybersecurity Policies appropriate to each Zone and Conduit necessary for the next stage of monitoring and maintenance (MAINTENANCE)
You will cover the following topics in the course:
- Design of Zones and Conduits to comply with the safety recommendations of the previous phase, ensuring risk mitigation efficiently and effectively.
- Incorporate the requirements of rules and regulations, such as:
- International standards ISA/IEC-62443
- National Standards, Laws and Regulations (NIST, NERC, C2M2, etc.)
- Development of its own rules and regulations.
- Design and elaboration of the Industrial Cyber Security Specifications (CSRS) in Zones and Conduits for systems in the engineering phase, complying with the FR, SR, and RE of the ISA/IEC-62443-3-3 standard.
- Implementation of security in Zones and Conduits, prioritizing countermeasures according to effectiveness and efficiency to mitigate residual cyber risk, maintaining consistency between:
- Procedural Countermeasures,
- Technological Countermeasures, and
- Physical Countermeasures.
- Management of the implementation of countermeasures for the effective, reliable and credible mitigation of Industrial Cyber Risk until reaching the Tolerable Risk by the organization.
- Design of specifications for detection, monitoring and alerting systems (ARMS) for the rationalization of alerts and event response plans, minimizing false positives. This specification is the entry into the MAINTAIN (Operation and Maintenance) phase.
- For industrial systems with unmitigated risk,
- For industrial systems with mitigated risk.
Who is it for?
- Recommended for any professional dedicated to the design and / or implementation of: industrial systems, industrial networks, monitoring systems, industrial cybersecurity, monitoring systems, detection, access control, segmentation, and all aspects of security related to industrial systems.
- The participation of IT security managers, system integrators, suppliers of industrial control systems, plant engineers, production management and plant operation, industrial security, specialists in safety instrumented systems and maintenance personnel is recommended; whether they are high or middle management.
Requires to have completed and passed the 2160. It is recommended that the professional has knowledge of some of the following:
- International Cybersecurity Standards by consensus of the industrial ISA/IEC-62443.
- Corporate Cybersecurity or Information Security Standards ISO-27000.
- Industrial risk management standards such as ISA/IEC-61511, functional safety.
- National regulations and/or standards such as NIST, NERC, and others.
- Experience in corporate project management and cultural change management.
- Other industrial risk management standards (worker safety, environmental safety, etc.)
Participants will receive through the educational platform the material digitally, including the following materials.
- Access to the lessons of the course in an online way.
- Various documents, videos and complementary material for participants to deepen.
- Access to the educational campus to download complementary information and software.
Certificate: Specialist in the Design and Implementation of Cybersecurity in Industrial Systems
- CRE Credits: 1.6
- The exam to obtain the certification is taken in class at the end of the course. Available in Spanish, Portuguese and English.
All participants who meet the course requirements and who successfully pass the final exam with a good grade will be awarded a Digital Badge. The Digital Badge certifies that the participant has attended the 2161 training course and has taken the final evaluation test with a good grade, verifying that said participant has assimilated the new knowledge in a reasonable way.