Design and Implementation of Cybersecurity in New and Existing Industrial Systems - IC34
International professional certification course on Design and Implementation of Cybersecurity in New and Existing Industrial Systems - IC34.
- For ISA members: u $ d 2.200, - per participant.
- For non-members of ISA: u $ d 2.700, - per participant.
* In case the client requests local invoicing from one of our subsidiaries in South America, the final price for each country may vary depending on local taxes and foreign trade laws in each country. When you complete the registration form, you have a list of frequently asked questions.
The second phase in the Cybersecurity lifecycle of industrial systems (IACS - defined in ISA / IEC-62443-1-1) focuses on the activities associated with the design and implementation of cybersecurity counter-measures. This involves the selection of appropriate counter-measures based on their level of security capability and the nature of the threats and vulnerabilities identified in the evaluation phase. This phase also includes carrying out the cybersecurity tests for the acceptance of the integrated solution, in order to validate that the counter-measures are correctly implemented and that the industrial system under consideration has reached the required level of security.
This course will provide students with the information and skills to select and apply new or existing cybersecurity measures for industrial systems (IACS) in order to achieve the level of security required and assigned to each zone and conduit. In addition, participants will learn to develop and execute test plans to verify that the cyber security of the integrated solution has adequately satisfied the objectives of the cybersecurity requirements specification.
You will be able to
- Interpret the results of an ICS cybersecurity risk assessment
- Develop a cybersecurity requirements specification (CSRS)
- Develop a conceptual design based on information in a well-developed CSRS
- Explain the security development life cycle process and results
- Perform basic firewall configuration and commissioning
- Design a secure remote access solution
- Develop system hardening specifications
- Implement a basic network intrusion detection system
- Develop an acceptance test plan Cybersecurity (CFAT / CSAT)
- Perform a basic CFAT or CSAT
The following topics will be covered
- Introduction to the Cybersecurity ICS life cycle
- Evaluation phase
- Implementation phase
- Maintenance phase
- Process conceptual design
- Interpretation of risk assessment results
- Requirements for cybersecurity requirements
- The development of a conceptual design
- Conceptual design specification
- Detailed design process
- Security development life cycle (SDL)
- Types of technology
- The selection of appropriate technology
- The development of a detailed design
- Document the design / specification
- Design and implementation of examples
- Firewall design example
- Remote access design example
- Hardening system design example
- Intrusion sample detection design
- The development of test plans
- Factory acceptance tests cybersecurity
- On-site acceptance tests cybersecurity
Practical exercises to be done in class
- Develop a physical security and cybersecurity plan
- Configure a perimeter security server
- Configure an ICS security server
- Install and use SNORT!
- Configure Windows Local Objects Group Policy
- Install MS Security Compliance Manager (SCM)
- ICS Device Hardening Behavior
- Network hardening behavior
- Use a domain controller
- Configure a VPN connection
- Security configuration audit
- Perform system robustness test
Participants will receive the following materials in the class (face-to-face) at their home (virtual).
- Course lessons printed.
- ISA / IEC-62443 standards used in the printed course.
- Printed notebook with practical laboratory exercises.
- Access to the educational campus to download complementary information and software.
Modality and Schedules
Available in Spanish and Portuguese, in face-to-face and virtual modalities online, synchronous and asynchronous on the WiseCourses Academic Campus. It contains a practice exam that will be carried out online within our Educational Campus, using the same methodology as the ISA certification evaluation. In this way, the student will feel more confident to later take the official exam under the Prometric system.
Duration: 24 hours with the teacher
Having completed and approved the Course IC33.
To take the certification exam 3 "ISA / IEC-62443 Cybersecurity Design Specialist" the participant must have passed the certification exam 2 "ISA / IEC-62443 Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Specialist".
Professional Certification Exam No. 3Cybersecurity Design Specialist
- CEU credits: 2,1
- The exam to obtain professional certification is given separately with a maximum term of up to 6 months after the course. At the moment the exam is given only in English Language.
- UPDATED: The Prometric professional certification exam is included in the price for a single opportunity. You can add as many opportunities as you need within the 6 months after the end of the course by paying the additional fee of USD 150, - for each new opportunity.
Summary of the outstanding features of the course
- Available in Spanish and Portuguese, both the speech and the full material of the course. The course material will be available to consult in the Educational Campus (asynchronous) in both Spanish and Portuguese and English.
- Includes online practical exercises. Each assistant accesses from the campus remotely to a dedicated computer networked with the rest of the course computers to perform several practical CyberSecurity exercises with software and specific applications.
- Abundant complementary reading material (Including ISA / IEC-62443).
- Virtual group study meetings until the exam even after the end of the course.
- Multiple opportunities to take the exam up to 6 months after completing the course through the Prometric system.
- The assistant can enter the Campus to consult the course material for a period of 1 year.
- Coaching, chat and blog 7 × 24 for a term of 1 year assisting in the implementation of practical knowledge acquired in your organization.
All participants who meet the requirements of the course and who successfully pass the final exam with a good grade will be awarded a Digital Badge. The digital badge certifies that the participant has attended the 2134 training course and has done the final evaluation test with a good grade, verifying that said participant has assimilated the new knowledge in a reasonable manner. To learn more about the Digital Badges visits here!.
Professional certificate of international recognition
All participants who have successfully completed 100% of the IC34 course objectives will be in a position to sit the IC34 CyberSecurity Design Specialist certification exam of international validity at authorized Prometric facilities. Students who have successfully completed the course will have multiple opportunities during a maximum period of 6 months to take the exam and thus obtain their professional certification.
The professional certification exam is of the multiple selection type and is developed only in the English language. Therefore, participants are required to have good command of written technical English.
IC34 Course: Design and Implementation of Cybersecurity in New and Existing Industrial Systems, Spanish
May 3, 2021 10:00 am - 6:00 pm Virtual Academic Campus
- May 2, 2017 10: 00 am - 6: 00 pm
- May 2, 2017 10: 00 am - 12: 00 pm