Operation and Maintenance of Cyber Security in New and Existing Industrial Systems - IC37
International professional certification course on operation and maintenance of cybersecurity in new and existing industrial systems - IC37.
- For ISA members: u $ d 2.200, - per participant.
- For non-members of ISA: u $ d 2.700, - per participant.
* In case the client requests local invoicing from one of our subsidiaries in South America, the final price for each country may vary depending on local taxes and foreign trade laws in each country. When you complete the registration form, you have a list of frequently asked questions.
The third phase in the life cycle of Industrial Systems Cybersecurity (IACS - defined in ISA / IEC-62443-1-1) focuses on activities associated with ongoing operations and maintenance of Cybersecurity. This involves making diagnoses and solving problems, supervising security, responding to incidents and maintaining cybersecurity counter-measures implemented in the design and implementation phase. This phase also includes security management of recovery procedures, backup and cyber security and periodic audits.
This course will provide students with the information and skills to detect and solve cybersecurity problems before potential events, as well as the skills to maintain the level of security of an operating system throughout its life cycle despite the challenges of a changing environment with all its threats.
You will be able to
- Perform diagnostics and solve basic problems of industrial networks
- Interpret the results of devices such as diagnostic alarms and event logs
- Implement procedures for backup and restoration of industrial systems
- Describe the life cycle of the IACSs and the procedure for managing patches and updates
- Apply an antivirus management procedure
- Define the basic concepts of control of applications and tools by white lists
- Define the basic concepts of the network and the HOST for intrusion detection
- Define the basic concepts of security incidents and event monitoring tools
- Implement an incident response plan
- Implement a management of the IACS change procedure
- Perform a basic computer security audit in Industrial Systems IACS
The following topics will be covered
- Introduction to the ICS life cycle Cybersecurity
- Identification and evaluation phase
- Design and Phase Implementation
- Operations and maintenance phase
- Network diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Interpretation of device alarms and event logs
- The first indicators
- Intrusion detection systems in the network
- network management tools
- Application diagnosis and problem solving
- Interpretation of OS alarms, applications and event logs
- The first indicators
- white list application management and tools
- Antivirus and endpoint protection tools
- Incidents of security and supervision of events (SIEM) tools
- Procedures and operating tools of the IACS Cybersecurity
- Development and monitoring of a management of the IACS change procedure
- Development and monitoring of a backup procedure of the IACS
- Configuration management tools of the IACS
- Development and monitoring of an IACS patch management procedure
- patch management tools
- Development and monitoring of an IACS antivirus management procedure
- Antivirus and white list tools
- Development and monitoring of a cybersecurity audit procedure of the IACS
- audit tools
- Response to IACS incidents
- Development and monitoring of an incident response plan of the IACS
- Investigation of the incident
- System recovery
Practical exercises to be done in class
- Actives' inventory
- Hardening ICS Device
- Deactivation of USB storage devices
- Restrict access to USB drives
- Application control / Whitelisting
- Microsoft Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)
- PLC backup and configuration management
- Change Management (MOC form)
- Event detection tracking and monitoring monitoring of vulnerability analysis
- Analysis of the capture packet network
- Troubleshooting and Forensics
Participants will receive the following materials in the class (face-to-face) at their home (virtual).
- Course lessons printed.
- ISA / IEC-62443 standards used in the printed course.
- Printed notebook with practical laboratory exercises.
- Access to the educational campus to download complementary information and software.
Modality and Schedules
Available in Spanish and Portuguese, in face-to-face and virtual modalities online, synchronous and asynchronous on the WiseCourses Academic Campus. It contains a practice exam that will be carried out online within our Educational Campus, using the same methodology as the ISA certification evaluation. In this way, the student will feel more confident to later take the official exam under the Prometric system.
Duration: 24 hours with the teacher
Having completed and approved the Courses IC34, TS06, TS12 and TS20.
To take the 4 Certification Exam "ISA / IEC-62443 Cybersecurity Maintenance Specialist" the participant must have passed the 3 Certification Exam "ISA / IEC-62443 Cybersecurity Design Specialist".
Professional Certification Exam
- CEU credits: 2,1
- The exam to obtain professional certification is given separately with a maximum term of up to 6 months after the course. At the moment the exam is given only in English Language.
- UPDATED: The Prometric professional certification exam is included in the price for a single opportunity. You can add as many opportunities as you need within the 6 months after the end of the course by paying the additional fee of USD 150, - for each new opportunity.
Summary of the outstanding features of the Course
- Available in Spanish and Portuguese, both the speech and the full material of the course. The course material will be available to consult in the Educational Campus (asynchronous) in both Spanish and Portuguese and English.
- Includes online practical exercises. Each assistant accesses from the campus remotely to a dedicated computer connected in a network with the rest of the computers of the course to carry out several practical Cybersecurity exercises in networks with software and specific applications.
- Abundant complementary reading material (Including the ISA / IEC 62443 standard).
- Virtual group study meetings until the exam even after the end of the course.
- Multiple opportunities to take the exam up to 6 months after completing the course through the Prometric system.
- The assistant can enter the Campus to consult the course material for a period of 1 year.
- Coaching, chat and blog 7 × 24 for a term of 1 year assisting in the implementation of practical knowledge acquired in your organization.
All participants who meet the requirements of the course and who satisfactorily pass the final examination with a good grade will be awarded a Digital Badge. The digital badge certifies that the participant has attended the 2137 training course and has done the final evaluation test with a good grade, verifying that said participant has assimilated the new knowledge in a reasonable manner. To learn more about the Digital Badges visits here!.
Professional certificate of international recognition
All participants who have satisfactorily completed the 100% of the objectives of the IC37 course, will be able to take the IC37 CyberSecurity Maintenance Specialist international validity certification exam at the authorized Prometric premises. Students who have successfully completed the course will have multiple opportunities during a maximum period of 6 months to take the exam and obtain their professional certification.
The professional certification exam is of the multiple selection type and is developed only in the English language. Therefore, participants are required to have good command of written technical English.
IC37 Course: Operation and Maintenance of Cybersecurity in New and Existing Industrial Systems, Spanish
May 5, 2021 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm Virtual Academic Campus
- May 2, 2017 10: 00 am - 6: 00 pm
- May 2, 2017 10: 00 am - 6: 00 pm