To our employees, clients, shareholders and the public we serve.
In light of developments related to COVID-19, we would like to say first that our thoughts are with those affected by the virus worldwide. In response to the pandemic, WisePlant is ready to serve people during these uncertain times and we are committed to doing it well and collaborating in solidarity.
Most importantly, we want you to know that our top priority in response to COVID-19 is the health and safety of our employees. Since the start of this pandemic, we have focused the Company's resources and experience in addressing the most urgent challenges posed by COVID-19. In our group we have suffered some non-direct losses, but rather relatives of our collaborators and very close friends. Very distressing times are lived.
The economic impact and the increase in unemployment has reached historic levels today. Many of the services we provide have been impacted, suspended, delayed. The investment capacity of many important companies is being cut in a very significant way, and the security measures adopted make the regular provision of services and supplies difficult.
As a result, our ability to supply the usual portfolio of products, solutions and services has also been impacted, as a consequence of the multiple prevention and security measures that governments and companies have had to adopt.
It is our mission to act responsibly in recovering the activity, the functioning of the value chain, the maintenance of essential services and the well-being of people and society.
What were we and are we still working on?
- Adopt appropriate emergency and mitigation measures to overcome this situation. Our response to COVID-19 calls us all to be flexible, resilient, and compassionate as we do our part.
- Assist our employees who may need to miss work and ensure that no one feels compelled to work if they feel ill or have direct contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Adapt our operations to protect the health and well-being of our employees and the people they serve.
- Adapt the portfolio of products, solutions and services to supply with the new rules, which we hope are not permanent. New working methodologies, new administrative processes, new infrastructure, new everything!
- Work with our clients and operations teams to obtain resources and technology to work remotely, maintaining perceived value and quality.
- Assist the public in accessing information and assistance from essential government health and safety programs.
- Recover the stable operation of the value chain with a renewed offer of products, solutions and services, appropriate to the current situation.
- Recover the payment chain and sustain operations continuously and uninterruptedly.
COVID-19 is unlike any other crisis that we have addressed in recent memory. The threat is truly global: it moves across borders in a timeline that no one can predict with certainty, which means that we cannot simply transfer calls and work to other program sites outside of the affected areas.
We are making significant progress in the shift to telework by providing equipment and adaptations in many aspects. We continue to advance and we are collaborating with our clients to create solutions and acquire resources that support the continuity of the Company's work in a virtual way, for which we have robust technology and a culture of flexibility that allows our staff to carry out their work efficiently. and effective remotely.
We will continue to tailor our approach to meet your specific needs, and we will adapt and communicate with you as circumstances change. In the meantime, we want to assure you that we will continue to provide you with uninterrupted service.
It will be difficult, but we will overcome it.
This is what we are doing and what you need to know.