To our employees, customers, shareholders and the public we serve.
In light of developments related to COVID-19, we would like to say first that our thoughts are with those affected by the virus around the world. In response to the pandemic, WisePlant stands ready to serve people during these uncertain times, and we are committed to getting it right and collaborating in solidarity. Most importantly, we want you to know that our top priority in response to COVID-19 is the health and safety of our employees. Since the beginning of this pandemic, we have focused the Company’s resources and expertise on addressing the most urgent challenges posed by COVID-19. In our group we have suffered some non-direct losses, but relatives of our collaborators and very close friends. We are living in very distressing times. The economic impact and rising unemployment has reached historic levels today. Many of the services we provide have been impacted, suspended, postponed. The investment capacity of many major companies is being cut very significantly, and the security measures taken make the regular provision of services and supplies difficult. As a result, our ability to supply the portfolio of products, solutions and provide regular services has also been impacted, as a result of the multiple prevention and security measures that governments and companies have had to adopt. It is our mission to act responsibly in recovering the activity, the functioning of the value chain, the maintenance of essential services and the well-being of people and society.
What were we and are we still working on?
- Adopt adequate emergency and mitigation measures to overcome this situation. Our response to COVID-19 calls on all of us to be flexible, resilient, and compassionate as we do our part.
- Help our employees who may need to miss work and ensure that no one feels compelled to work if they feel sick or have direct contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Adapt our operations to protect the health and well-being of our employees and the people they serve.
- Adapt the portfolio of products, solutions and services to supply with the new rules, which we hope will not be permanent. New work methodologies, new administrative processes, new infrastructure, new everything!
- Work with our customers and operations teams to obtain resources and technology to work remotely, while maintaining perceived value and quality.
- Help the public access information and assistance from essential government health and safety programs.
- Recover the stable functioning of the value chain with a renewed offer of products, solutions and services, appropriate to the current situation.
- Recover the chain of payments and the maintenance of operations in a continuous and uninterrupted way.
COVID-19 is unlike any other crisis we have addressed in recent memory. The threat is truly global: it moves across borders on a timeline that no one can predict with certainty, meaning we can’t simply transfer calls and work to other program sites outside the affected areas. We are making significant progress in the change to teleworking by providing equipment and adaptations in many aspects. We continue to move forward and are collaborating with our clients to create solutions and acquire resources that support the continuity of the Company’s work virtually, for which we have a robust technology and a culture of flexibility that allows our staff to perform their work efficiently and effectively remotely. Furthermore, we will continue to tailor our approach to meet your specific needs, and we will adapt and communicate with you as circumstances change. In the meantime, we want to assure you that we will continue to provide you with uninterrupted service.
It will be difficult, but we will get through it. Here’s what we’re doing and what you need to know.