Once again we were present at the Seminar on Industrial Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructures ARPEL 2018 organized by ARPEL, OAS, YPF and the Ministry of Modernization of the Argentine Republic, with the support of important companies in the market.
Currently, industrial cybersecurity has become a very important issue for companies due to the increase in cyber-crimes and the volume of data they handle. It is essential that large, small and medium-sized companies establish an appropriate strategy to protect the assets of the company.
This second edition of the Seminar under the slogan “Cybersecurity in Critical Infrastructures, Risks, Opportunities and Priorities” was organized by the Regional Association of Companies in the Oil, Gas and Biofuels Sector in Latin America and the Caribbean (ARPEL), through its Cybersecurity Working Group. This Group is made up of experts from the associated companies and operating in the region.
The event was attended by high-level experts, who addressed the issue from a strategic, management and operational point of view, represented by specialists from equipment manufacturers, consultants, end users and critical infrastructures. The Seminar was of special interest to the following industries:
- Oil and gas industry (exploration, production, storage, distribution, etc.);
- Chemical and nuclear industry (production, storage and transport of dangerous goods, chemical, biological, radiological materials, etc.);
- Water (reservoirs, storage, treatment and networks);
- Power plants and networks (production and distribution);
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT);
- Health (health infrastructure);
- Transport (airports, ports, railways and public transport networks, traffic control systems, etc.).
The event was an excellent opportunity to learn about the situation of this discipline from the hand of international leaders and to establish valuable relationships that favor collaboration in different areas at national and international level.
Get Involved & Participate!